Google eBook Instructions: Nook
On your Windows PC or Mac:
1. Go to www.bookshopsantacruz.com. Find e-books through the site search, either select the eBooks tab on the search results page or use the "Filter Search" options to choose Google eBooks as the format.
2. Add Google eBooks to your cart.
3. Access a Google Account—most commonly a Google email address—or create one. This step only needs to be done once to sync your Google Library with your Bookshop Santa Cruz account for future purchases. Please make certain you are connecting to the correct Google Account.
4. Agree to the Google Terms of Services. This step only needs to be done once.
5. Purchase the book by entering billing information.
6. You’ll be given the option to save the book to your computer by clicking the “download” link. Save it somewhere you can find it. Any time you’d like to download one of your books, you can see your whole Google eBook library at: http://www.bookshopsantacruz.com/gbook/read
7. Download and install the free Adobe Digital Editions software. This is available at: http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/ and does require you to have an AdobeID (also free and you’ll be given a link to get one during the installation process).
8. Open the file you saved with Adobe Digital Editions either by double clicking the file or by opening the program and choosing “Add to Library” At this point, the book could be read on the computer using Adobe Digital Editions.
9. Connect your Nook to your computer. Once plugged in, the Nook will appear as a device under your bookshelves. Simply drag and drop the ebook file from the library to the device icon. Once the device is ejected, the book will appear in the Nook’s library.
On your Nook
10. Open up your library, find your book, and enjoy!
PLEASE NOTE: To continue to purchase Google eBooks from Bookshop Santa Cruz, you must buy them through your web browser on www.bookshopsantacruz.com. If you click on the “get Books” tab on your Google Books app, you will be redirected to the Google site and Bookshop Santa Cruz will no longer be compensated for future purchases.